Django, jQuery, Android SDK, ASP.NET.
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server (2000 & 2005), FoxPro.
Vim, Git, Fabric, Gedit, NUnit, Mercury Quicktest Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visual Studio (2003, 2005 & 2008), Eclipse.
OWASP, Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming.
Cox Media Group, Atlanta, GA
November 2012 - Current
- Work closely with the business units to develop web applications and support processes using Python, Django.
- Write and execute both automated unit tests and manual test plans to assist QA with validating feature functionality.
Salva O'Renick, Kansas City, MO
February 2010 - November 2012
Senior Application Developer
- Develop and maintain web sites and web applications according to client specifications using Python, Django, C#, and ASP.NET.
- Test and deploy web sites and web applications, working closely with clients to insure full functionality and complete satisfaction.
- Configure and maintain web and database servers using a range of technologies including Linux, Windows 2008, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Apache, and Nginx.
- Trained junior developers in writing standards complient HTML and CSS, and in using Python and Django.
Soleran, Overland Park, KS
September 2009 - February 2010
- Developed enhancements and updates for a sophisticated web-based Customer Relationship Management application called eSalesTrack.com.
- Performed security assessments on the CRM application, infrastructure, and architecture and made changes where necessary to insure that all security standards are adhered to.
- Implemented and supported a Subversion source control system to streamline the development process involving multiple engineers.
- Designed and coordinated application load testing and made suggestions and modifications to improve response times within targeted areas of the application.
- Assisted in training and mentoring junior developers.
Commerce Bank, Kansas City, MO
March 2007 - September 2009
- Acted as a technical lead for team members and a point of contact for other members of the organization (mainframe, database, business unit).
- Represent the team in management meetings and planning meetings.
- Directed process improvement efforts within the development team such as automated unit testing, pair programming, and utilizing new development tools.
- Ensured that software development security standards and best practices were understood and followed by members of the team.
IT Developer III
- Developed enhancements and updates for Online Banking, which has over 300,000 active users and supports an average of 2,000 concurrent sessions.
- Worked directly with multiple IT areas and business partners to design, develop, implement, and support business solutions.
- Documented application support and development information in the team wiki.
Gentiva Health Services, Overland Park, KS
December 2004 - March 2007
- Designed and developed tools and applications to support the Help Desk and for use by the entire organization in an effort to streamline operations.
- Created and administered the Help Desk website, which included complex integrated functionality to support the needs of our end users.
- Provided expert and creative solutions to user problems of complex nature to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Coordinated user and support issues among corporate sites to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction and productivity.
Examinetics, Overland Park, KS
September 2001 - December 2004
Technical Support Representative
- Developed automation processes involving secure client data exports of patient data utilizing FoxPro and encrypted data transfers.
- Assisted internal clients with a wide range of issues including hardware, software, Windows XP, proprietary software, medical equipment, etc.
- Supported external clients with software issues pertaining to the company's proprietary health and safety management software.
HopNet, Blue Springs, MO
December 1997 - December 1998
- Assist web clients with activating internet connections and email account configuration with company's network and email servers.
- Added new clients into the email system and maintained account information.
- Assisted in server maintenance and web development.
My Other Projects:
http://apprabbit.com - A dynamic web application builder created using the Django framework.
http://djangocmsthemes.com - A website where visitors can download themes for Django CMS using the open source django-cms-themes project.
https://github.com/megamark16 - My Github page, where I try to contribute to the open source community.
Park University, Parkville, MO
- BS, Management, Computer Information Systems
- 3.81 GPA
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Blue River Community College, Blue Springs, MO
- Associate of Arts
Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America